Severe pain in the back and hip radiating to the groin area. Cause?

Hello. 2 days ago I woke with sever pain in what I first thought was my lower back. i struggled to get out of bed. due to the pain also making getting trousers shoes a socks on nearly impossible. i have been subscribed paracetamol and ibuprofen this helps lots.I have now discovered the pain is emanating in my right hip . when sitting if i try to move forward or backward i get severe pain in my right hip with shooting pains that seem to eminate from my hip going down my right femur and also towards my groin . if i lean onto my left bum cheek i can move forward and backwards while sitting and also stand up onto my left leg with very little pain Thankyou ian
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013