Severe pain in the armpit and breast area after twisting the hand. Difficulty in sleeping due to pain. Cure?

I am a 60 year old female in generally good health. 2 days ago I was sitting in a chair that had side arms on it. I lean over the left side to pick something up and felt a slight painful twist (pop) under the left armpit left lower breast area. It hurt immediately and I had pain in certain positions. Last night while sleeping I turned over and while leaning on my left arm the pain woke me up and intensified. I now can not find any good position laying down. What can I do to help this.
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
It looks to me that you are having muscle spasm. I would recommend you muscle relaxant like myoril. . Also apply diclofenac ointment. Avoid lying down on that side.