Severe pain in stomach area, drinking lots of water, no relief. Could this be gallbladder or spleen?

Hi, on Thursday I had a terrible excruciating pain in my stomach area. This pain lasted from around 6p.m. until 9p.m. I finally got a heating pad in hopes it would help. Woke up several times (every 2 hrs) still feeling pain but not as was earlier. Later learned that it could be my gallbladder. the pain went away but today have pain next to my stomach (?) left side just under the first rib. Wondered if this could be the gallbladder or spleen or ?? Planning to get in touch with the doctor tomorrow. Am drinking lots of water, beet juice, applesauce. Anything I should be aware of?? Thankyou, Sue
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013