Severe pain in sternum ends with tiny nodules appearing on chest. Had breast cancer, mastectomy. Any ideas ?

i am 47 years old i weigh 10.5 stone i had breast cancer almost 7 years ago i had a mastectomy with latimus dorsi reconstruction a year and a half later, since then iv had 2 fat transfers to fill the dent at the top of my chest . during the last 7 months iv had several periods of severe pain on the sternum it seems like a tiny nodule appears after a day or two the pain eases but the nodule gets bigger i now have several nodules that protrude from the area where the sternum splits into ribs, any idea what this could be
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013