Severe pain in right foot, subsided to dull pain in toes, foot numbness. Causes for symptoms?

I was skiing in XXXX in January and my right foot started having severe pain . I get migraine s a lot and know pain but this was sharp and intense and I was worried to even take my boot off for fear of it not going back on. The pain lasted several days and then subsided to a dull pain in my 2nd and 3rd toe at eh base of the joints. I thought it could be gout because my father gets it and I spent the previous weeks drinking beer and eating meat in XXXXX which is uncharacteristic for me. I am 35 and 5 9 and 160 pounds. I am training for a marathon and the foot hurts around 3 miles then goes numb. I don t even know what kind of doctor to see about this, help?
Asked On : Mon, 2 Apr 2012