Severe pain in right chest. Developed Bells Palsy. Is it due to diabetes.

Hi. A few weeks ago i started feeling very unwell. I was extremely tired, i started getting hot and cold sweats, tingling and itching , a severe pain through the top right hand side of my chest going through to my back. Three weeks later it still persisted and i developed Bells Palsy . I researched the symptoms and found that all of my symptoms pointed to Zoster Sine Herpete. My doctor says its not, he says its my type 2 diabetes . I cant believe this as it came on suddenly and i think if it was diabetes it would have been a gradual thing. thank you
Asked On : Sat, 7 Jul 2012