Severe pain in neck to hip, one side of body. Painkillers not working. Suggestion?

My daughter is at uni ..the work load is huge and she is meeting the challenge. She is suffering from mysterious pain down one side of her body from her neck to top of hip. Her GP has not helped. She excercises moderately, walks alot, eats healthily but in small quantities. She is a size 8/10 and is fine boned. Paracetamol and ibuprofen does not help at all, she takes warm showers to try to help with the pain....she is at a loss about what to do next. She is ibit depressed I feel...emotions on the surface, over sinsitive. Maybe she burns the candle at both ends abit...but she is a sensible, intelligent girl so its not that bad I feel. what can she do next to help herself with the apin.?
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012