Severe pain in middle toe, swollen, painful and turned purple. Suggest

I woke up yesterday morning with a severe pain at the ball of my foot. I don't recall stubbing it any time recently, it just appeared very sudden. I brushed it off thinkin it might have been just cause I slept wrong and continued about my daily routine. I jogged 3 miles and ran some errands during the day. The pain progressively got worse to where I found myself walking on my heel. The pain is localized in two specific spots: my middle toe and deep between my pinkie and next toe on the sole of my foot(when I say I mean like to the bone). My middle toe became a little red yesterday so I elevated it and iced it. As of today my middle toe is now purple, slightly swollen and very painful. It hurts to push on it, brush it, and even hurts when I step my foot off an ice pack(like removing the pressure makes it worse). I am concerned as I don't see any bite marks(thinkin something could have stung or bit me) and my foot just seems to continuously get worse!!! Help!
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013