Severe pain in lower right abdomen, pain moving to pelvis, pulsing sensation. Serious symptoms?

hi, i had real bad pain in my lower right quarter that went down to my pelvis with the same pain on my outer thigh. it was terrible for about four hours with of pulsing (between 2 and 10 minutes between stabs) it then calmed down and is starting on the left side mirroring what was going on earlier. i have been told i have Degenerative disk for recurring issues on my right side (lower back, hip, outer thing). do you think this is something serious?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013