Severe pain in lower back, shortness of breath, pins and needles sensation in forearm. Causes for symptoms?

Hello, two nights ago a severe pain in my lower back started. My chest also started hurting and I would become short of breathe easily I.e when I laugh etc. Now My chest is getting worse, the aches and pains are now over all the body and I m getting shooting pains and pins and needles from my forearms to my hands. I m also feverish, one minute i m very cold the next I m warm enough. I m finding it hard to move quickly so things like getting out of bed are a slow process. Is this just the start of a common cold or more? Because I don t remember ever feeling like this.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013
Jun 2015
Hello dear..

Chest pain can be caused by various reasons, including minor problem such as indigestion or stress, to serious medical emergencies such as a heart attack.

The symptoms as mentioned in your post like easy fatiguability & pin and needle sensation suggest that it might be due to Anemia(most commonly Megaloblastic anemia- due to deficiency of Vit B12)
So, investigations like Complete blood picture, Hemoglobin concentration, can clinch the diagnosis.

Other causes of chest pain include:
1. Angina
2. Strained chest muscles due to overuse
3. Short-term, sudden anxiety with rapid breathing
4. Peptic ulcer disease
5. Pain from the digestive tract, such as esophageal reflux

So, it will be better to consult a Doctor & get a physical examination done to rule out other causes. So that proper management steps could be taken.

Wishing you a Good Health. Let me know if I need to clarify further.
Thanks & take care.