Severe pain in hip and leg. History of bone cysts in ankle. Should i clean out cysts?

Wow, glad I just found you , I have had pain in my front ankle for over a year now, my doctor told me to learn to live with as he thought it was arthritis , I am 59 years young. After finding an osteo surgeon I asked to be referred . He suggested an MRI scan which showed 2 bone cysts and considerable swelling and fluid build up in the ankle. For the past 3 years I have have had similiar severe pain in my hip , same leg which is beginning to make me depressed. The surgeon has suggested surgery to clean out the cysts. Do you think I would be doing the correct thing and should I tell him about my hip problem , as I m sure it is the same thing as my ankle.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012