Severe pain in foot, ankle, knee. Taking Diclofenac, co codamol. Are they harmful in long term?

I have been having severe foot ,ankle,and knee pain for several yrs now...ive been recently put on Diclofenac and co codamol for the pain until I see a specialist. I have read the risks and am now only taking the Diclofenac once a day with co codamol twice a day. I have been taking pain killers for a couple months now while waiting for Drs and Specialists to figure out what proceedure is next. Is it harmful to take these two painkillers for long term?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013