Severe pain in arms and hands. What treatment should i take?

Hi for the past 6 months I have been having issues with my arms and legs. Mostly my left arm and left leg. They just become uncomfortable. Its hard to describe but the best I can say is a tightness. It comes and goes. It has been so baf in my arm that I cannot sleep and have cried from the pain. I saw an orthopedic but he just said I had inflimation and gave me some steroids. Recently though I have had the pain again along with a buzzing sensation. I do not know what to do.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
Thank you for your query.
Intermittent , recurrent discomfort like that you are suffering from is typically caused by either a nerve irritation or a circulation problem. A doctor will have to examine you to differentiate between the two. This is important as the treatment for the two differs completely. It will be best to start by seeing a physician , he might then ask a neurologists opinion if necessary.
Please ask if there are any further questions. Kind regards.