Severe pain during intecourse for the first time, had used plenty of foreplay and lubrication. Cause?

Hi, Mia! My husband and I got married yesterday evening. Unfortunately, when we engaged in intercourse for the first time, it was very painful for me. We have tried again a couple of times, and intercourse still remains VERY painful. I guess technically we have not had sex yet. What could be the issue? Every time we have attempted intercourse, there has been plenty of foreplay and lubrication was used.
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013