Severe pain during CT myelogram. Allergic reaction to contrast?

I had a CT MYLOGRAM done about 5 months ago and I had a bad experience. When he put the contrast in my spine I felt this enormous pressure as the contrast moved. I was in severe pain and I started screaming. I felt like my body was going to explode.. Do you know why this happened? I have to have another one done tomorrow.. I am scared. The radiologist said I was having an allergic reaction to the contrast. He had to give me some meds to help calm me down.. . Thank You, Regina
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013