Severe pain, difficulty on moving neck. Tried ibuprofen, tylenol, voltaren gel. Cure for pain?

I am a 22 year old female, I woke up two hours ago in pain not able to move my neck . I have taken ibuprofen and tylenol , stood under a hot shower, rubbed my neck with voltaren gel , and am trying to gently stretch it, but it is still very painful and I cannot move it more than an inch or two. It is stuck turned to one side. This has never happened to me before and I m wondering what else I can do/if I need to go to the hospital. I have a specialist s appointment in a few hours that I cannot miss and I d like to be able to turn my head!!
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013