Severe pain, difficulty in maintaining grip on anything, black and blue wrist and thumb on cast removal. Reason?

I fractured my left radius near the wrist in a car accident i went to the doctor and he told me i would be in a cast for 5 weeks. i went back three weeks later (Monday the 11th) and they removed my cast and told me the fracture had healed and to use my arm with some limitation and to come back in three weeks for a follow up. I have broken bones before and i knew to expect some soreness and stiffness after the removal of my cast however i have having severe pain and i am unable to keep a grip on anything. My wrist and thumb have also turned balck and blue i am wondering what if anything i should do about this. should i call my doctor or should i give it more time to see what happens??
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013