Severe pain around the eye and vomiting after VP shunt replacement

Severe pain around the eye & vomiting after VP shunt replacing Dear Dr. Recently my younger brother aged 13 yrs has got VP shunt replacing, which was first introduced when he was 2 yrs . But he is suffering from severe pain around the eye & vomiting. Neurosurgeon observed his part of head & body where VP shunt is placed & commented that no anomalies is found like swelling. Neurosurgeon also told me that his VP shunt is ok inside the head & body and working well. But i didn’t found the exact reasons why my brother suffering from severe pain around the eye & vomiting. Can u told me the what reason behind this? I m eagerly waiting for your valuable suggestions.
Asked On : Sat, 11 Jun 2011