Severe pain and tenderness in gums that press behind the wisdom tooth post a gum infection. Cause and remedy?

Hi, I m 39. I recently recovered from a gum infection under my right rearmost molar. Very painful. Now I am experiencing more pain and tenderness in the gum that presses against the back of my right wisdome tooth. I think it s infected (when I swallow I also hear crackling in my ears. Hoping to get some advice before going down the rabbit hole of seeing doctors or specialists (I don t have insurance at the moment). Here are the details: - seven months ago I had my teeth cleaned; all was normal except at the end of my checkup, my dentist said I should keep an eye on my right rear wisdom tooth because there was a bit of movement. - six months ago I noticed an odd sense of pressure in my right ear. - this roughly coincided with a throat infection ( antibiotics cleared it up) - hurt as hell - not sure if it s related. - following the throat infection, I experienced ongoing tightness of the throat. Sometimes hard to swallow and speak. Continues to this day. - about nine weeks ago I experienced soreness in my gum behind my right wisdom tooth. It went away eventually (lots of rinsing). - ear pressure continues.... - six weeks ago I developed severe pain in my right jaw. Antibiotics cleared it up for about a week, but the pain came back. - when it came back, I was in agony with pain in my jaw. Couldn t sleep or think... A few days later I had developed a periodontal (gum) abscess below my rear right molar - the tooth in front of the questionable wisdom tooth. - my dentist drained the abscess (yes, sorry... gross) and put me on antibiotics. (Diagnosis was a periodontal pocket which has since healed quickly.) - this cleared things up (severe, life altering head throbbing pain is gone thank god) and things were back to normal. - that was a week ago. - however, now I am experiencing the same pain behind my wisdom tooth. The gum is sore in a small region behind the tooth. I have pressure in my right ear and it s sometimes hard to swallow.
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012