Severe pain and bruise after taking IM injection in buttock area for nausea. What could this be?

I had surgery over 2 months ago. I was given an IM injection in the hip/buttock area for nausea. Currently I have severe pain deep in the injection site and the pain is worse when I walk/jog/run or even grazing anything on the surface of that area. The pain is not on the surface though... I feel it deep in my hip/buttock area and it is a numb but tingly pain with a burning sensation; at a sitting position, it feels like a bad bruise.
Asked On : Mon, 2 Dec 2013