Severe pain along the spinal cord after taking actonel. Pain radiating t waist and abdomen. Codeine suggested. Need a second opinion

Dear doctor, I wish to ask for a second opinion. I was taking Actonel once a week and after a few months of use I developed a severe pain alongside the right side of the spinal cord , also muscular pain in the right side of the body under the blades, the pain extends to the waist and some abdominal pain too. I went to see my doctor and reported the side effects after confirming with the pharmacist that these were symptoms of the medication and she did not recommend any other thing than taking a painkiller with codeine . What is your opinion? will a painkiller will be enough to reverse these symptoms. This is the second week I have the symptoms.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013