Severe pain after knee replacement. Pain in the patella. Can this be rectified by replacing patella?

About 3-4 years ago I had left total knee replacement . Through the immediate healing process, something was not right - came to find out that the doctor did not replace the patella during the surgery, as he said he did. However, at that point, the ortho surgeon did replace the patella. For the last 2+ years, I have been experiencing increasing pain in the patella of my left knee, which interferes with my normal day-to-day activites: I no longer can walk even short distances with experiencing a high level of pain in the patella. I went to another ortho surgeon for a second opinion and was told that the patella is a little too big and he stated that I could probably live with it. Now, over a year later, the pain in this area is increasing with regularity. Question - would a patella be replaced to rectify this problem?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013