Severe pain after burning the skin on the leg accidentally. Skin is reddish and sore. Need to go to doctor?

I burned my leg on a motorcycle pipe about 5 days ago, for the first few days it was fine, a little sore and red, now I cant even put pressure on it, and i am in extreme pain, i will just be laying there and it tenses up really bad ive never felt a pain like this before, i donnot have insurance to go to the hospital what should i do?
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012

Welcome to Healthcaremagic.

It is the post burn inflammation is what causing the pain.

If you get fever and see the burn wound swelling up , you may have to visit the doctor then as it may be infected.

Take Tab Motrin 400 twice daily for three days,this will reduce the pain.

Wish you good health.