Severe paeriod pains and irregular bleeding after having implant. What should I do ?

I have the Implant and since having this for 2 years have experienced severe period pains, irregular bleeding that lasts for up to 2-3 weeks which is often followed by 2-5days of spotting. I was advised to combine the pill with my implant to see if it settles it down but on taking it for 7days felt sick and had further pain. I have read on the internet that the symptoms I have can be serious but my GP has shown no interest in solving my problem and still has not allowed for my implant out. I m starting to become really worried that the irregularity of my periods can lead to problems in my adult life such as not being able to conceive.
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012