Severe numbness on the injection site from back to tummy, arms to elbows, legs. Alarming?

I got a I m injection done on my hip/butt but I am pretty sure they gave it to me to high....this was on Wednesday, it s now Sunday, and I have severe numbness around the unction site from my back wrapped around to my tummy. And I have slowly been losing feeling in my left arm from the elbow down and both my legs from the knees down, it feels like they are asleep
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012
Thanks for query,
I think your numbness is more due to anxiety.
Local intra mascular injection is usually given at upper outer qudrant of hip to prevent any nerve
injury & exactly that was given to you.Some times due to unabsorbed drug or collection of blood it may cause swelling leads to numbness of local area or that limb but it will never affect your upper limb or arm or elbow.
the numbness usually resolves by it's own or you may apply thrombolytic ointment.
You should watch for any local swelling or redness if that happens you should consult your doctor.
Thanks once again.