Severe neck pain. Taken painkillers, pain not reduced. Which doctor should I consult?

I m 26 years old and I m getting really bad neck pain when I tilt my head up. The pain is mostly at the base of my skull/by my hairline. When I try to rub it, it really doesn t feel better...seems like the pain travels to the left side. Sometimes I feel a bump, something I don t feel anything. I ve had this pain for a couple days now and ice/heat isn t helping, nor taking apsirin or ibprofuen. I don t know if I should see a chiropractor or regular doctor. Any help would be appreciative.
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  22 Awaiting Answer