Severe neck and shoulder pain. X-ray shows bony protrusion that sticks on neck. What could be the treatment?

Hi, I am a 54 yr old male. I have had neck and shoulder pain now for around 25 years. My hips and knees also ache but nothing like my neck and shoulders. I was told by a chiroprator that I have a bony birth defect in my neck that is pinching on a nerve. He showed me the x-ray and it was one of the bony protrusion that sticks out on the sides of the neck. It was much longer than what it should have been. What can be done about this?
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012