Severe muscle weakness from the hips, joint pains in the back, using walker post long term use of prednisone. When will the effects fade?

I have been on prednisone for about 10 weeks. Started out on 80 mg. and now sitting at 20mg the doc has only lowed the doseage because of the side effects I am getting. I have severe muscle weakness from my hips down I now have to use a walker. I have joint pain in my back down. Is this all normal? and if so how long once I get off the medication will it approximately take to regain the strength in my legs that I will not need to use the walker???
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012