Severe muscle spasms in shoulder and spine. Tried morphine and fentanyl. Could it be related to SLE or disc degeneration?

5 years of severe muscle spasms in left shoulder blade, at times over to my spine . No injuries. Morphine and fentanyl does not help the pain. Massages make spasms worse, to the point of spasms in muscle feeling electrified. Excruciating pain then. Have tried all routes of other therapies. No doctors, nor various tests, xrays, scans, hold the answer as to why these occcur. Rheumatologist advises they are not related to my SLE. Could these spasms be related to disc degeneration at T4 - T8?
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012