Severe muscle spasms after physical therapy in a therapeutic pool. What can be done to cure as i'm already on amrix ?

Hi Doctor , I had a two level fusion done 2 years ago (L4-L5). After trying to find a doctor that cared and would say what I should do so I might improve my quality of life, I finally found one. He prescribed physical therapy in a therapeutic pool. I went for the first time today and am having the worst muscle spasms of my life right now. Ice is not helping; the PM doctor gave me lidocaine cream and it s not helping either. My last MRI showed scar tissue was impinging a nerve root on the left side from the surgery . This is where the spasms are the worst. What can I do? I am already on Amrix for spasms. I need to sleep but I can t because of the pain from the spasm. Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 9 Mar 2011