Severe mucus on lungs, episode of coughing of excessive mucus, lung pain on coughing. Had inhaled exotic wood dust. Suggestions?

Hi, my name is Joe. The other day I was working in my shop and breathed in some exotic wood dust, should have been wearing a mask but wasn t. For the last few days, I have had a lot of mucus on my lungs. One night I coughed up a lot of mucus but the next day it decreased in quantity. But now my lungs seem to hurt when I cough. I am not coughing a lot but still coughing. What do you recommend?
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012
Pulmonologist 's  Response
I recommend that u should get an xray chest done and see a doctor because the wood dust may cause an infection or worsening of hyperreactive airway disese