Severe melasma. Spot on forehead, ears, etc. Is it a fungal problem? Use an antifungal cream?

Hello, I have had what I believe to be severe melasma for about 7 years. It first started as a large spot on my forehead and now my outer cheeks near my ears are bad and so is my upper lip . I can see a clear difference between the dark large parts and my normal skin color. I know I have a food intolerance to yeast . Do you think this could be a fungal problem even though I have no symptoms other than my patchy skin? Is there a topical antifungal cream that might help? I m taking olive leaf extract to try and help things internally. Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jun 2012