Severe lower back pain, knots and bruises on lower back. History of intestinal problems. Cause of symptoms?

Hi just have a question about my sister. She is 46 years old been having a lot of lower back pain on right side of back. Today she shows me her back and she has a big knot and huge bruises on her lower back and now its going down the side of her right leg the bruising and she says it s very painful to touch I barely touched it and she jumped. What could it be she doesnt have a regular doctor to go to and I am worried. She has had a lot of intestine problems over the past couple years they said her intestine was leaking inside her and they needed to remove part of it at the hospital but she refused and signed a paper to be released because she doesn t have insurance could this be from this problem. That was like 2 years ago please let me know I am worried it looks really bad.
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013