Severe lower GI pain. High lactic acid and WBC count. Black stringy stools. What is wrong?

Hi, I am a 63-year old male who was hospitalized in December with unbearable lower GI pain, I had a high white blood cell and lactic acid count. Was given Flagyl and Cephex ?? anti-biotics via IV for 36 hours and released. My stools were black upon returning home for about a week then begin to return to almost normal. Beginning in February, I began having chronic diarrhea and Immodium does no good. It is not a lactose problem either. I went on a pro-biotic and added yogurt daily, but nothing has changed. Tonight, I noticed some slightly clear-yellow spheres with tiny black worms/threads ?? dangling out of them. I do eat a banana every day, in case this might be the problem. What is going on? Thank you in advance. Bo Cash, NC
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013