Severe low back pain after falling down. X-ray shows prolapsed disc. Unable to sit. What could it be?

Hi, I fell down two months back where my laptop in my bagpack rammed into my lower back. I started getting severe lower back pain after this which hasn t subsided till date. An orthopedic I went to see asked me to get some x-rays and MRIs done after which both he and a neuro-specialist said I had a prolapsed disc and had it for sometime. My neurosurgeon states that my back pain is more because of the laptop hitting me and is not really my disc problem. I see that when I press my hop bone at the back, it hurts a lot and am unable to sit for even 5 min. Please tell me how to sort this issue out.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013