Severe leg pain near the site of varicose veins that hurts when upright, lump on the leg. History of varicose veins. What is the cause and remedy?

I m a 45 yr old male. I have had varicose veins in my right calf for nearly 20 years. I work out and eat decent. 5 8 175 lbs. Four days ago when I go out of bed my leg was in severe pain near the site of my largest varicose vein cropping. It only hurts when I am upright. There is a 1.5 x 1.5 lump that is probably about a half inch thick. What is it and what do I do to get rid of it?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jun 2012