Severe leg pain. Why the weakness? Has it got to do with thyroid?

This morning my husband woke up (for the second time) with severe (leg mainly thigh) weakness to the point where he said he felt paralized. He has to manually move them with his hands to get to a sitting position on the bed. he says they hurt and it seems to be contained mainly to the legs with mild muscle pain in the body in general,. His family history has diabetes on maternal and paternal side but we have done labs for his glucose and he is only prediabetic, his famiily also has a history with thyroid problems, we have not however done a lab for tsh . He is 26 yrs old and is an electrician and does alot of manual labor however on the 2 mornings he has experienced this he hadnt worked the day before. Thank you for your time.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012