Severe knee pain, popping every time, sharp pain on twisting. Treatment options?

I woke up the other day and my knee was on a pain level of about 8 or 9. it went away after about 30 minutes or so but continued to hurt around a 2 or 3 constantly. Now it pops every time i step on that leg (left). Sometimes if i twist on it ( i work in fast food so i am constantly turning directions and moving quickly) it hurts up to a 5 but quickly goes away.
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012
Dear Sir,
Your symptoms are suggestive of a meniscal tear. A meniscus is a cushion between your thigh bone and the leg bone. It usually gets injured with sudden twisting movements of the knee and can give rise to pain whenever you do that particular stance. I suggest you meet an orthopaedic surgeon who should be able to help you . You might require an MRI to rule out the same. Hope this has helped you.