Severe joint pain only when taking Flintstones vitamins. Effect of the medicine?

have you heard of joint pain related to taking Flintstones vitamins with iron? I took one every day at night (to avoid stomach upset) for about a month, and could barely walk downstairs in the morning. This stopped when I stopped taking the vitamin. This was 20 years ago, but I just spoke to someone today who said the same thing happened to her. We both thought we were nuts, and my doctor did not give it much credence. I was 35 years old at the time and took no meds, no health problems, had a 1 and 3 year old.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013