Severe itching on vulva, labia, clitoris hood, yellow discharge. Prescribed metronidazole. What's going on ?

Hi, for the past 2 weeks I have been suffering with horrendous itching on my vulva labia and now clitirous hood. At first i thought it was razor burn and regrowth of hair. The scratching led me to bleed and rub myself red raw in my sleep. My dr prescribed me metronidazole but that seems to make the itching worse. Now I have a yellow discharge and my dr said it could be herpes except I don t have anything that looks like herpes (I ve spent long enough looking at google images!) I m going for a full sexual health check today just in case but he refused to give me anything in the meantime. I used Epsom salts in the bath last night and felt relief for the first time in 2 weeks, I even slept all night! But this morning I find the itching is back and I m going mad again :( do you have any idea what s going on?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013