Severe itching on the upper back, chest, arms and face. Hives on neck and shoulder. Need help

Hi, I have been dealing with severe itchiness on my upper body. It is much worse during the night and even wakes me up during the night. The areas involved are my upper back, chest, shoulders and upper arms, neck, head and face. It has been over a month and is starting to really get to me. When I am woken by it, my head and neck is so severe and then I even have very itchy hands. My neck, chest and back have welt like hives of all sizes and when scratched have actually become very large. I have not changed any soaps or anything like that. Hives are normal for me as I have had them most of my life mostly on my neck and sides of my face and have learned to deal with them, but this is so much more severe. Any ideas?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013