Severe itching on the neck, feet, inner thighs, stomach with redness, hives on scratching after taking ciprobay for UTI. Temporary relief with antihistamine. Suggestive treatment?

Hello, am a 28 yr old female, 3 months ago i was prescribed ciprobay 500mg twice daily for 7 days for urine tract infection, on the 5th day i started having some itching on my feet but the doctor suggested continuing the course anyways. After finishing the antibiotic course, i started having more severe itching on my neck and now its more generalized usually on the neck, inner arms, inner thighs, arm pits, stomach and back. Along with redness and hives after scratching . It has been like that for three months. I am taking antihestamin daily and whever i stop taking it for a couple of days, all the itchiness and redness comes back. I cant help but feel that all this happened because of the antibiotic, please help.
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012