Severe itching on leg, large bruise formed. Causes for sudden bruising?

Okay. so today my leg was itching and i scared it. and then when i was in the shower a lil while ago.. i noticed that i had this HUGE buirse on my leg. then right when i was getting out of the shower my legs started to itch again so i scratched them. And now i have these bruses on my legs that look like i have beat or drug down a road or something because they are so bad. i am 20 years old. What could cause this to happen.?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013
Thank you for your query.
You are scratching your legs too aggressively , you are causing damage to the small blood vessels in you skin,which are causing bleeding, and thus the bruising. I have too little information to diagnose why your legs are itching in the first place as there are too many possibilities to mention. Please see a doctor to diagnose and treat the itch,as this scratching may also cause secondary problems like infection. I trust this information helps you.