Severe itching, itching aggravates on scratching once, bruises on thighs and arms. Cause?

I recently started itching a lot. My inner thighs have bruises from where I have been itching. It is not that I feel extremely itchy but when I have a little itch that needs to be scratched once I scratch it, it seems to get more itchy. It is mainly on my inner thighs and my arms and sometimes my back, but my legs are what start to bruise. What is going on?? I m not paranoid but I am really curious as to why this just randomly started happening.
Asked On : Wed, 24 Oct 2012