Severe itching and swelling in the vagina. Yeast infection?

Two days ago, I began having severe itching around my vagina, this then caused swelling. I went to my doctor today to see what it could be, because I have never experienced this before and just got a Mirena inserted about 5 weeks ago. She took some vaginal cultures and stated she believes I have a yeast infection and is treating me for that. Once I got home, I have been noticing I keep having some strange white stuff that looks like toilet paper and severe itching around my clitoris, under the hood. Is this another symptom of a yeast infection or should I go back to my doctor to be checked again?
She did order a pelvic ultrasound to check the location of my IUD, because she said the string did not look as long as it should, but it could just be coiled up; she didn't want to pull on it. Please help!
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013