Severe itching all over body, tiredness, lack of energy, puffy eyes. Causes for symptoms?

My husband has had severe itching all over his body for 2 days, has had ointments but no affect, he is extremely tired which is not like him has no energy also unlike him. He does not drink at all ( other than water coffee and soft drinks)His eyes were so puffy he had trouble seeing this morning but that is not as bad now. As far as we can tell there has been no bites, he is 67 and usually very fit. takes only blood pressure tablets.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013