Severe illness, yellow skin. Low potassium, high liver enzymes. Serious condition?

Hello. My husband has been ill for three weeks now. He went to urgent care today and his blood work came back poor. The doc called us, reported he needs to go to ER now, that his potassium levels are 2, that he could die. Doc also said his liver enzymes are very high as well, along with his his blood pressure being 140/90. He is 35, yellow skin, and very ill. What are the most common diagnosis for this type of situation? We are at ER now but the wait time to be seen is about two hours. I am concerned, don t want to think the worst, but want to be better informed and prepared for what this might mean for my husband s current health and long term health. Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012