Severe hit on the ankle bone, later swollen and bruised ankle, persisting pain, mild swelling only at night. Cause?

Hi... 2 weeks ago, a 7 ft shipping pallet fell and hit me dead in the ankle bone. Extreme pain was an understatement. I was able to limp, it hurt to put pressure on it. The next day I mowed lawns for 6 hr s, I worked through the pain. I noticed my ankle was really swollen and bruised.Later that night I accidentally knocked the ankle on my kitchen table. Severe pain followed, with tingling and could not even put my foot down on the floor. I applied ice and elevated it for 24 hr s... felt better, but it would be really swollen by the end of each day for a week. Since then, pain is still there, swelling is mild but usually only at night. I have pain if I walk too much, but also when I relax and cross my ankles or legs. What s going on?
Asked On : Thu, 4 Oct 2012