Severe hip pain. Difficulty in standing. Have arthritis. Will this cause deformity in future?

I started having bi-later hip pain approx. 4 months ago-it gets very bad at night (wakes me up, no relief) or throughout the day. If I sit for a minute, it s very painful upon initial standing and then seems to work itself out after a minute, but comes right back if I sit for a minute again. I have some arthritic joints in my hands/ wrists-my mother had severe rhuemitoid (SP?) later in life with severe deformity of the hands/ feet . I also had rhuematic fever as a child. Any thoughts???
Asked On : Sun, 4 Nov 2012