Severe headaches, sharp pain behind ears. On painkillers, asked to lie down in dark rooms. Scan shows chronic migraine. Treatment?

hiya i ve been suffering bad with migraines for over 3 years in the last 2 years they have been severe, had me in tears and prevent me from doing everyday things. I had a scan last year and was told that it was clear then the neurologist that i seen said it was just chronic migraines but am getting really annoyed now as its getting me down, the pain can sometimes be all over or just sharp pain behind the ear, I just get told to lie down in a dark room and take painkillers which are of no use at all is there anything that you can suggest ?
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012